Annual Wellness Visits
Take advantage of your medicare benefits
Medicare covers an Annual Wellness Visit appointment, every year, to discuss your plan of preventive care for the year. This 60-minute visit is complimentary and includes:
- Health-risk assessment
- Medical and family history review
- Functional assessment
- Social determinants of health
- Mental health and cognition screening
At the end of this visit, you'll receive a personalized Preventive Screening Checklist so you know which preventive steps to take over the next 5-10 years and, if relevant, referrals to counseling services or programs that provide health advice, promote wellness, or reduce identified risk factors.
Our Flagship Clinic
OPENS AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2018!
Currently under construction, our flagship clinic will be located in the Alameda South Shore Center on the 2nd floor above Trader Joe's and can be accessed via an elevator. The space is being designed specifically with seniors needs' in mind.
Some highlights include:
- 250 ft from the Alameda shuttle stop to minimize the distance seniors have to travel
- Acoustic ceiling to reduce muffled echoes for patients with impaired hearing
- Non-slip floors to prevent fall risk
- Indirect lighting to cater to the needs of patients with cataracts
- Sliding doors to allow easy entry for patients in wheelchairs or walkers
- Elevator access for all patients
We strive to create a community where people can connect, learn, and reach their health goals. Stay tuned as we'll be updating this page with upcoming events soon.
Lectures on relevant topics such as the science behind yoga and meditation, updates on cannabis use, financial planning, and more.
Training sessions for computers and smartphone use, low-impact exercises (i.e., pilates, chair yoga), coping with loss, and more.
Group events such as Bingo, wine tasting, and product demos so our patients can have fun and get to know each other.