As of March 2018, we'll be hosting a pop-up clinic at the Alameda South Shore Center (between Payless Shoes and Daiso) to conduct Annual Wellness Visits. These visits are free of charge to all Medicare patients. We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity to meet our team, learn more about our new facility, and learn how we're taking a different approach to healthcare for seniors.
Annual Wellness Visit
Each year, Medicare covers an appointment to discuss your plan of preventive care in the coming year. This appointment is called the Annual Wellness Visit. The Annual Wellness Visit is not a head-to-toe physical. Instead, we will focus on creating a prevention plan based on your needs. This 60-minute visit includes:
- A health-risk assessment, which will include a questionnaire that looks at your health status, injury risks, risky behaviors and urgent health needs.
- Reviewing medical and family history, including medications or vitamins and supplements, risk factors for health conditions, and current or recommended treatments
- Creating a preventive screening checklist over the next 5-10 years, depending on your health status, screening history, age, and which preventive services you are eligible for through Medicare
- A physical assessment, including height, weight, blood pressure, and body mass index, as well as a hearing screening and fall-risk assessment
- A cognitive function screening to test for early signs of dementia and
- A mental health assessment to review risk factors for depression
- Preventive health education and referrals to counseling services or programs that provide health advice, promote wellness, or reduce identified risk factors. These include weight loss, physical activity, smoking cessation, fall prevention, and nutrition
Please note: you cannot receive your Annual Wellness Visit free of charge at Calyx Health if you have already received an Annual Wellness Visit or Welcome to Medicare exam this year, or if you are within the first year of Medicare enrollment.